Logo

Logo

Saturday 15 February 2014

My Secret (can't live without) Recipe:   

Carly's Chocolate & Walnut Cake Bread.

Warning: You're going to love this.... its a cross between a bread and a cake. It is more of a sweet treat. Fresh from the oven it reminds me of a Chocolate croissant.


                                               Bread is fresh from oven, chocolate is melting and I have
                                                                indulged in a dollop of organic butter on top.  Oh and
                                                               Ive use my best vintage tea set to add to the luxury.



Ok, I felt too mean not sharing this with all my friends. Yes I am talking directly to you - Rosie, Becca, Jen, Jo, Steph, Helen and many more. Without sounding too arrogant it is quite simply delish! Living on a gluten, grain and sugar free healthy (paleo based) diet this is a staple for me. I am someone who needs snacks. Three main meals just don't cut it. I eat constantly. I am a grazer. I needed a quick, easy treat that I could pack up and take anywhere which would be tasty and satisfying.

And Voila! :-)

I am not even sure how I created this delight because I have to admit that most grain free breads are complicated! And usually result in total disappointment. Let me say that I have no great skills in the kitchen either. I like things to be quick and easy with minimal ingredients. They must taste good and I don't even really care if they look good ;-)

I tend to mess about in the kitchen. Mix and match recipes and throw in my own adjustments. Hence my treats may vary in consistency but this one has never gone wrong. 

So, dont worry about being too exact. I rarely use measurements although I've tried to create one for you to follow below. I also use a tin bread loaf pan which is probably roughly about 8 by 4 inches.  Try any pan (round or rectangle) but this does make a difference to the outcome in terms of size and how much it rises. But thankfully, they all taste GOOD.

Ingredients required:
1 jar of Cashew nut butter (organic)
1 teaspoon Honey (organic, raw)
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder (gluten free)
3 Eggs
1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar (optional)
3/4 tablespoons of water (optional - just bulks it out)
large handful broken Dark chocolate chips (as desired)
Handful broken organic Walnuts (as desired)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract (organic)

Instructions:
In a food processor (or feel free to use some elbow grease and do by hand) blend the Nut butter, Eggs, Baking Powder, AVC and Vanilla extract.

Add in the Chocolate chips and Walnuts and stir.

Add in a little water. Liquid can be fairly runny.

Add some baking paper to your tin and pour the mix in.

Put in pre-heated oven at 175 degree celsius for approx 30 mins. Keep a watch on this as ovens vary. Mine takes 5 mins longer at times but sometimes less.*

Thats it!  So Simple.

The prep takes me under 5 minutes. Literally. No washing up other than the processor/bowl and a spoon. Keep the bread wrapped in the baking paper and transfer to a tin once cooled. I keep mine in the fridge for up to a week. Although to be fair it NEVER lasts that long!

Enjoy & Eat Brightly

C xxx

P.S - Let me know what you think in the comments below if you can. I think you have to sign in as "anonymous" in order to be able to leave a comment but then sign your name so I know who you are. 

*I think these breads have a mind of their own ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments :-)